Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Dugout

(This completes the baseball vision, your comments and questions are welcomed)

The Dugout
After walking the bases the Lord led me over to the visitor’s dugout. I remember thinking “Lord why are we in the visitors dugout, I want to be the home team”. He told me that this was a traveling team and that Heaven was our home, that we were strangers and aliens in this world (Hebrews 11:13, 1 Peter 2:11). As we entered the dugout I knew that I was the manager of this team. Although I hadn’t met the players I could see their uniforms. They were white (representing purity) with a five pointed star on them. The Lord told me that this was an all star team of five fold ministries (Ephesians 4:11) and that I would manage them. My role wasn’t to be the one playing the game but rather to help the players become better at their positions.

Helmets & Swords
As I looked to my left I saw the racks which held the players helmets and bats. Instantly I knew that these were helmets of salvation. Instead of bats the racks were filled with swords. Each sword was different with gleaming blades and handles of gold, encrusted with multicolored jewels. The handles were molded perfectly to fit the hand of it’s owner. I knew that these were the Sword of the Spirit, the rhema word of God (Ephesians 6:17). As I looked at these helmets and swords I knew that they were for the purpose of prophetic evangelism.

The Championship Rings
While still in the dugout I turned to my right and the Lord had in his hand a jewelry box, he opened it to reveal a ring. This was a championship ring. I knew that each player on the team had his own ring. The rings were gold with the words “Dread Champion” (Deut 11:25) written on them. Each ring had a precious stone surrounded by diamonds. I saw rubies sapphires, emeralds and clear large diamonds. I knew that this team would never lose so long as they played as a team valuing unity and love (Ephesians 4:2-6). These rings symbolized the victory and authority these players would walk in. I knew that the Red Sox, who had won the World Series just four nights earlier, were a prophetic sign of this team, those who would walk victoriously in the anointing and never give up.

While in the dugout I knew that there were people back in the trainer’s room symbolizing support people and I also knew that this team had a jet representing national and international travel.

The Great Cloud of Witnesses
What was once a simple field was now a full professional baseball stadium. The stands were full of people who I knew were the great cloud of witnesses from Hebrews 12:1. There is the music of heaven in this place and it has the passionate feel of a sporting event. The witnesses are cheering us on! They are crying:

He is worthy! He is worthy! He is worthy!

I knew they were saying that He is worthy of our lives, He is worthy of our best, He is worthy of any cost. They were exhorting us to live lives worthy of the calling we have received. (Ephesians 4:1). Don’t give up no matter what the score! As they cheer they are all pointing in the same direction, up toward the Owner’s box.

The Lord
As I turn to see where they are pointing I see the Lord on his throne in brilliant white glory. He is positioned atop the stadium with the light of his glory overwhelming everything and anything around Him. I am far from Him and can barely make out the form of a person seated on the throne through the brilliant pure white light. I explode in tears and worship Him. The next thing I know I am sitting in my seat that the conference.

Prologue
I believe that this open heaven experience has in it divine strategies for my life. I am also aware that there is yet more to be revealed specifically what is on those bases, who specifically these players are and what they represent. I believe the children from the earlier experience are the players the Lord has for this team. Give me wisdom and understanding Lord, let the game begin, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment