Saturday, February 10, 2007

Anything?

A few verses have been on my heart lately and I want to share them with you…

Luke 9:25
“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?”

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
“…You are not your own; you were bought at a price…”

Romans 12:1-2
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

Luke 9:24
“For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it”

Hebrews 12:1-2
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…”

Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. “

Hebrews 11:1
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”

More and more lately I have been gripped by the reality that my life is no longer my own, it’s His and He can do anything He wants with it. The questions I ask myself are…

Do I trust God?

What are the limits of that trust?

Do I trust Him with my life? My family? My church?

Does "anything" really mean... anything?

Today it does.

Lord, I trust you; have your way with me. No matter what it costs, no matter what it takes, have your full way with me. Anything, yes Lord, anything you want, it’s all yours, amen.

Art: “Walking with Him” by Cornelis Monsma

2 comments:

  1. It's one of the most fundamental questions we can ask isn't it? Do I trust that God is big enough and is He really good enough for me to put my entire being into His hands...without reservation?

    In midst of the biggest trial of my life to date, that is exactly what I had to answer to survive. For me and my house, the answer is a resounding YES!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything means anything, everything, always,and forever. He's proven to us how He's been there in good times and tough times.

    Like a good friend of ours always says, 1. God is good. 2. God loves us and everything else starts at 3.

    Love, Na

    ReplyDelete