Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Exploring the Fullness of Freedom

Over the past 30 years I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of the church. I participated in some amazing, life impacting programs and others that were not so amazing. I’ve watched fads, focus and passions come, go and come again.

I’ve learned a few lessons on this journey. I’ve discovered that I love the presence of God. I love to feel the weight of the Spirit on my face and chest. I love the security of His peace and the awe of His grandeur and greatness. I love the sensation on my hands when His power is present. I love it when He opens my eyes to see beyond the natural to the spiritual.

I’ve also discovered that I am no longer content to live a powerless Christianity. I want to live a supernatural life filled with wonder and the mystery of God. A few years ago God spoke to my heart and said “Tom, I have this against you – you dream man sized dreams”. The truth of those words pierced my heart. Since then I’ve been ruined for the normal, the natural and the status quo. I’m no longer willing to live within the limitations of my man sized dreams. I want to experience a God who is bigger than my planning or my comprehension. I want to dream “God sized dreams”, dreams that are bigger than me, dreams so big that they require God’s presence and power to be accomplished. God set me free to live free (Gal.5:1). I’m exploring the fullness of that freedom. I want everything Jesus paid for, why should I be content with anything less.

Over the past few years I have dared to explore God, trusting that my Father would not give me a snake when I ask for a fish or spiders when I ask for eggs. (Luke 11:11-13). I have asked God for freedom; freedom to live a supernatural life by the power of His Spirit. His yes has afforded me the privilege of some amazing experiences. My next series of post will describe some of these experiences and what I’ve learned from them. Thanks for reading.

© 2006, Tom Zawacki

No comments:

Post a Comment