Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Clarity vs. Cost

I have the privilege of being an instructor for Streams Ministries - Institute for Spiritual Development. This means I can teach their courses:

101 – The Art of Hearing God
102 – Advanced Prophetic Ministry
104 – Reaching Your Destiny in God
201 – Understanding Dreams & Visions
202 – Advanced Workshop in Dream Interpretation

One of the principles we teach is that the greater the clarity of revelation the greater the cost of it coming to pass. For example a mild impression from the Lord would have a small cost associated with it while an angelic visitation announcing the purpose of God would incur a great cost.

I’ve heard John Paul Jackson explain it this way; if God tells you to move to Texas, you can move to any city within the state. However, if the Lord tells you to move to Dallas, Texas there’s less grace, you have to not only move to Texas but to the city of Dallas in the state of Texas. To take it a step further, if God says move to 123 Main Street in Dallas, Texas… you had better do whatever it takes to move into that address. The greater the clarity or more specific the direction the great the cost associated with the direction. The more specific the Lord is with us the less wiggle room we have, there is less grace.

When God speaks to us in our dreams they come with built in grace because dreams by there nature are subjective and non-specific. Visions or visitations on the other hand tend to be more objective and more specific, thus there is less grace built in.

Since November of 2005 I have had a regular stream of supernatural experiences. I’ve been discovering the truth of the cost versus clarity principle. This has caused me to trust in God to a greater degree. The word of God is true, apart from Him I can do nothing (Jn.15:5) yet I can do all things in Christ who is my strength (Phil. 4:13). Truly, when I am weak, He is strong (2 Cor. 12:9).

I am eternally grateful that the Lord has allowed me these experiences. They have stirred humility rather than pride. Saint Paul’s words to the church at Corinth ring in my ears:

Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. (1 Corinthians 1:26-29)

I’m convinced that God has called me not because of my strengths but because of my weakness. Whatever is accomplished through my life will be to His glory. Whatever the cost, it’s worth it all.

Copyright © Tom Zawacki 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment