Thursday, January 10, 2008

A New Look

A new look for a new year. Many thanks to my lovely wife for figuring out the XML coding so we could modify and personalize this template. Speaking of this template, it’s appropriately named “Parchment” and I found it on Blogcrowds.com.

Blogcrowds.com has many XML blogger templates that work with the new blogger. I did lose a few things. I had to reinstall all the widgets on my sidebar such as visitor maps, counters, links, blogs, freedom quotes and that lovely picture with my bride. I also lost a couple of features like the header feature and the ability to automatically modify fonts and colors. These now have to happen by modifying the XML code. Once again, thank God for Nadine’s help!

Here are a couple of the other Blogcrowds.com templates I considered before finally deciding on Parchment… Top Secret & Sky3c. I was also intrigued with these two iPhone themed templates… IPhone & iPhone 2. Maybe I’ll switch to one of them after I purchase an iPhone (hint, hint Na).

I still want to tweak a few things here and there but what do you think, do you like my new look for Emancipation of the Freed?

© Tom Zawacki 2008

3 comments:

  1. It was fun working on this with you. I personally think it looks great, but then again I'm bias. Not there's anything wrong with being bias.

    I love you even though your contract with Sprint isn't up yet for that iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nadine! I might ask for a little help too...hint,hint. I tried on my own to use another template, and like you Tom, I lost all my widgets. I was able to get most of them back. Now I am too scared to try again.

    It is fun to have a new look especially for a new season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a new day. It's a new year. It's a new season. It's a new look. It's a new feel.

    Newness. What a concept...

    Great job you two!

    ReplyDelete