Monday, February 25, 2008

Simply Amazing


I’ve been a follower of Jesus for more than 30 years. Over the past three decade I have lived through spiritually good, bad and down right ugly times. Right now is one of the good times. God feels closer. It’s easier to pray, it’s easier to hear and to see. The word is alive to me. I’m purposefully savoring every moment this time because I have known those other times all too well.

The prophet Isaiah challenges us to “Seek the Lord while He may be found”. Then he finishes the verse by exhorting us to “…call on Him while He is near” (55:6). At least for me, right now, He is near and easily found.


I’m convinced that some of the fruit of our 40 days of city wide prayer and fasting has been a thinning of the veil between Heaven and Earth. I’ve found that if I seek Him I find Him. It’s that simple and that amazing. I’m seeking Him for Him alone. Not Him for what I can get or want or need but just for the pleasure of being with Him. That’s the simple part. The amazing part is that when He shows up He brings all of the astonishing attributes of His character, His nature and His power with him. And oh my, He truly is astonishing!


I have no magic formula. No three steps to “Astonishing Intimacy with God”. All I do is show up and so does He. These are good days. I’m going to keep showing up. You might consider showing up yourself.


© Tom Zawacki 2008

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to know that this is a season where the Father draws us into His presence. Thank you for the encouragement to seek Him for Him alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been experiencing the same thing. What sweet communion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Be continually being filled..."

    The veil is indeed thin. May we all seek Him while he may be found.

    I am amazed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:04 PM

    What if you are showing up, but He is not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He always shows up, always. The real issue is and always has been... do I have eyes that can see Him?

    Personally, my eyes need to be cleansed... often, daily, sometimes more. I have found humility and repentance to be very effective cleansers.

    ReplyDelete