Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just Passing Through


God's word through the prophet Isaiah spoke to me this morning, from chapter 43...

1 But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.


"When you pass through", hmmm... not when you walk around or go over or slide under but... when you pass through. There are seasons of life that I would rather go around than pass through but I'm not always given that option.

I've learned and I am continuing to learn that faith isn't refined by going around or over or under. Faith isn't formed on the pathways of avoidance, denial or repression. Faith is formed by passing through - even when it's the fire.
  • My path is set... so be it.
  • The road is hard... so be it.
  • The fire is hot... so be it.
I have been here before, so this I know - I WILL NOT be afraid and I WILL make it to the other side because...
  • The Lord has created me!
  • The Lord has formed me!
  • The Lord has redeemed me!
  • The Lord has called me by name and I am His!
  • The Lord is with me!
With my eyes and my hope fixed on Him I run to the battle. See you on the other side my friends because I am only passing through!

(c) Tom Zawacki 2008

7 comments:

  1. Yes you will! I know this because I plan to be there every step of the way. Passing though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring post my friend. Have a prosporous and health filled New Year My Friend. Strider

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your friends and family are with you every step of the journey! Be well my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!

    I see you running!!!!

    Big blessings and great health and healing to you and Nadine in 2009

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:40 PM

    how can you write a so cool blog,i am watting your new post in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:43 AM

    It appears the level of my language is the need to improve, because some things I can not understand, but I still firmly believe that here is a very good article!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you in this. Whatever it takes, my friend.

    Grace abounding,
    L

    ReplyDelete