Friday, April 28, 2006

Angels on Assignment

More than 25 years ago I began reading a book about the life of Roland Buck. The name of the book was “Angels on Assignment”. I recall being completely fascinated by Buck’s supernatural encounters, thinking how “cool” it would be if I could have those same experiences. At the time I was a young and very impressionable 16 year old Christian.

While attending our weekly prayer meetings in the basement of Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Brooklyn, NY a well meaning older believer saw me carrying a copy of “Angel’s on Assignment” along with my Good News Bible. The man, whose name I no longer remember, cautioned me in a very stern manner against reading this book. That it was filled with lies and deception. Not knowing any better I put the book aside and along with it my desire for the supernatural.

It took over 20 years for that desire to be restored. As you have read from previous posts God has been doing some amazing things in my life and I am eternally grateful, however, I can’t help but wonder what might have been or what I may have missed over that quarter of a century?

I never threw away that copy of Angel’s on Assignment. I’ve held on to it all these years and can see it on my bookshelf from here. This book was the spark that lit a fire within me and I want to share it with you. The book is available free online, you can read it online or download it and print yourself a copy. Roland’s daughter Sharon White has even written a sequel “The Man Who Talked with Angels” and you can read it online for free as well.

May this book spark your passion for God as it did mine…

Copyright © Tom Zawacki 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment