Friday, March 23, 2007

Power of the Written Word

A year ago today I thought I would try something new. A friend of mine had started a blog and it inspired me to explore creativity through the written word. 365 Days, 138 Posts, and 24,560 hits ago Emancipation of the Freed was born.

It has been a challenge to craft posts that are concise, articulate, transparent and inspired. I may have hit the mark on a few... but mostly, I’ve been stretched and it feels good. Hosting Emancipation of the Freed has helped me to grow in an area that was stagnant and made me realize that I really could do what I thought I couldn’t.

Since March 2006 more than 15 members of The Bridge have also started blogs, including my wife. It’s been exhilarating to see the creativity and artistry pour out of them. What an amazing bunch of people, I am extremely blessed.

I guess it’s true with anything - the more you do something the better you get at it. Blogging has helped me to better articulate what I want to say in written form. As a pastor I have many years of experience and many, many opportunities to communicate verbally. (I’ll let others judge if I’ve actually gotten any better at it) but I’ve had relatively few opportunities to communicate in writing. Little did I know how important this would become.

Over the past two years the Lord has blessed me with many supernatural experiences. The ability to record them, quickly and accurately has been critically important to me. The regular practice of writing this blog has helped to hone my abilities for a higher purpose and much to my surprise... it’s been great fun!

I have a feeling that the next 365 days are going to be very exciting, now on to year number two!

© Tom Zawacki 2007

5 comments:

  1. First congratulations on your one year mark...secondly, thank you for inspiring me to start my blog. It too has been a blessing for me and a way for me to hone my craft.

    If I have a vote you have hit your mark. As much as I love listening to your spoken word, I've come to enjoy reading your written word as much.

    Thank you for the inspiration, challenges and sometime just fun posts.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom - I think the mark has definitely been hit - both verbally and in your writing. I have enjoyed and been inspired by both.

    D-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with danni. I like both! Both forms of communication show somewhat different facets of whom and what you are about.

    Thanks Tom and congratulations on your one year blog anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome that you've used your blog as a form of written and reflective growth!

    KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, would agree that you've grown in skill in both forms of communication. But more than that, you've grown as a man, as a leader, and as a lover of God. I'm inspired and challenged to press on and press in and take more leaps of faith because of your example.

    Keep on keepin' on, Bro!

    ReplyDelete