Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Freedom's Flight


Freedom’s Flight

Freedom soars amid the clouds
Wind stretched wings broad
With exhilarating peacefulness
And the security of joy

In here I see the unseen
And know the Unknown One
Impossibilities evaporate
In the passion of His love

For tomorrow’s mysteries
I have not a care
Each chapter’s been recorded
By the One who gave me wings to fly
And faith for freedom’s journey

With open eyes and pounding heart
I step from the ledge of reason
Into a realm of His design
And the purpose of my being

Yes, I can fly…

© Tom Zawacki 2007

3 comments:

  1. I love the last part:

    With open eyes and pounding heart
    I step from the ledge of reason
    Into a realm of His design
    And the purpose of my being

    Yes, I can fly…

    Good poem Tom. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nadine!

    I love how you compare flying with the actual PURPOSE of your being! That's awesome... :)
    i love you Tom!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a man of many talents, my friend. Warrior poet is a very apt description.

    ReplyDelete