Tuesday, April 25, 2006

11/11 Continued

A Call
After that late night encounter with the presence of the Lord I slept very well. I was awakened at 6:49 AM to the sounds of the cabin door opening and someone calling my name out loud “Tom”! I sat up, looked around the small cabin, saw that the front door remained locked and laid back down to sleep.

A Dream
I awoke for good at 8:04 remembering a dream. In my dream I’m reading through teacher evaluation forms. In the natural I’m an instructor for Streams Ministries Institute for Spiritual Development. At the end of each course we ask the students to fill out an evaluation form giving us feed back on the class and the teachers. They’re scored numerically. In my dream I’m reading my evaluation forms. Repeatedly the comments were “He spoke with authority, he spoke with authority, he spoke with authority…” However, the score I received was only 5.1, an unusually low score. The score 5.1 reminded me of an earlier experience in the Spirit the Lord used to communicate Romans 5:1-2.

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand”.

For years I have been asking the Lord for more, more of Him, more of a supernatural life in the Spirit. With this dream the Lord was saying yes, reminding me that he has provided me access into the spiritual realm.

The Kalispell 101 Class
At the same time I’m in Whitefish for this wedding, members from my church were helping to lead a Streams 101 class in Kalispell, Montana, just 15 minutes away. It struck me as curious that at exactly 11:11 AM on 11/11 I was sitting in a very nice church building listing to my close friends teach the Streams 101 class - “The Art of Hearing God”.

I returned to my cabin after lunch, I had few hours to myself before the ceremony. I returned to the same kitchenette table as the previous night, I removed my socks and shoes and began to study the word. Remaining barefoot was an act of submission and humility. It was a physical reminder of my encounter with the Lord the previous night and that this was a holy ground.

Logos
I meditated on scripture verses from the prophet Isaiah. These verses have had personal significance to me over the last few years, verses such as: Isaiah 61:1-7, Isaiah 11:2-3 and Isaiah 11:11. I also took time to study what I call the great number two’s of the bible, those who had served others faithfully and graduated to a position of leadership, for example; Joshua to Moses, Elisha to Elijah, Peter to Jesus & Timothy to Paul, this study included their commissioning.

Joshua’s Commission: Joshua 1:1-9, 5:13-15
Elisha’s Commission: 2 Kings 2:1-18
Peter’s Commission: John 21:15-19
Timothy’s Commission: 2 Timothy 4:1-5
Isaiah’s Commission: Isaiah 6:1-13

At this point I could once again feel the presence of the Lord in the room. Like the night before I sensed the Lord’s presence behind me and to the left. This time I decided to get on my face. I laid down in the middle of the room, in the exact spot I sensed God’s presence. That’s when things really got interesting!

To Be Continued…

Tomorrow: Swallowed by God!

Copyright © Tom Zawacki 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment