Thursday, January 04, 2007

I Don't Want to Lose Heart

After having betrayed William Wallace, Robert the Bruce confronts the architect of the betrayal, his father.

Robert the Bruce: Lands, titles, men, power... nothing.

Robert's Father: Nothing?

Robert the Bruce: I have nothing. Men fight for me because if they do not, I throw them off my land and I starve their wives and children. Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk fought for William Wallace. He fights for something that I never had. And I took it from him, when I betrayed him. I saw it in his face on the battlefield and it's tearing me apart!

Robert's Father: All men betray. All lose heart.

Robert the Bruce: I don't want to lose heart. I want to believe as he does!

(You can watch an extended clip of this scene by clicking HERE)

I agree with the Bruce, I don’t want to lose heart, I too want to believe! Lands, titles, men and power just aren’t enough, they never have been. I want to have the same passion for freedom as William Wallace. I want to live free and use that freedom to see others set free. Wallace was willing to lead by example, fight and pay the price for freedom. The church and our nation are in desperate need of people with that same character and passion. Unfortunately we have far too many leaders like Robert the Bruce and his father. They sit in our statehouses and stand in our pulpits. Leaders who are willing to sell out our freedoms for money, titles or power, it’s time for change.

Oh God put betrayal to death in me. Remove any appetite after lands, titles, men or power. Stir within me Wallace’s passion for freedom and use me to set the captives free, amen.

(To remind me of his example Nadine gave me a Wallace Claymore. It was a touching Christmas gift from a very special lady. Just looking at it stirs my heart. Thanks Babe, I love you!)

© Tom Zawacki 2006

3 comments:

  1. Passion for freedom, amen! I love you too. Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all been Robert the Bruce. Not all of us have been William Wallace. We have all been ready to desert on the cusp of the battle. Not all have received the encouragement of their leaders to fight for their freedom. Grace, grace to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:22 AM

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete