Friday, July 20, 2007

Mid Life Crisis

Monday night my wife and I went out to dinner with some good friends. Over dessert our conversation turned to men and their mid life crises’. This reminded me of a book I had read years ago while navigating my own mid life crisis. The final chapter of John Sterner’s “Growing Through Mid-Life Crisis” list seven valuable pointers for men. For years I had these helpful reminders pasted to my desk.

1. Stop Trying to Figure it All Out
2. Don’t Look Back
3. Enjoy Yourself
4. Improve Yourself
5. Commit Yourself to a Cause
6. Involve Yourself with Others
7. Face the Facts, You are Getting Older

It was amazing how many times one of these seven simple tips would be exactly what I needed. As a matter of fact, they still speak to me, maybe they’ll speak to you as well, enjoy.

© Tom Zawacki 2007

5 comments:

  1. Hey can you take me for a ride in your hot car Zawacki man. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen on the license plate of a red Porsche 911 Targe convertible:

    RX4BN40

    I like your Rx better!

    ~ Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud when reading # 7...that one hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't read this post when we saw each other. All of these things speak to me! This list is one that I'll have to post on bathroom mirror for a while, only I won't be able to find tape so it'll get written in lipliner directly on the mirror. Doesn't it seem wrong that a mid-life crisis help list for men will be written in lipliner ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of a Peter Pan kind of guy. I'm thinking that if I ever go thru one of those I will buy myself a Camero, and then remember to check your blog.

    Great Post. Hope you had a fun trip back.

    ReplyDelete